Friends of Theale is a small group of volunteers that actively supports Theale Green School and are always keen to welcome new members from within the school and local community.
The focus of the group is to bring together parents/carers to provide:
- Support to the wider parent/carer network including prospective parents/carers.
- Support to staff and students, enabling them to run successful events.
- Additional resources that enhance the experience of students both inside and outside the classroom.
To achieve these objectives the members:
- Create a welcoming presence at events along with the opportunity to chat.
- Provide refreshments.
- Provide opportunities to increase links between the school and the local community.
- Seek additional funds from the community (sponsorship/donations)
- Organise opportunities to fundraise on the school premises.
- Arrange social outings.
Every parent/carer can assist
Not everyone has the time or inclination to be part of Friends of Theale but there are so many other ways parents/carers can help. Currently we are looking for the following:
- Donations of second-hand uniform (with or without the school logo)
- Raffle prizes for social events e.g. school production and quiz nights.
- Sponsorship of end of term awards – generally we look for a local business that is willing to donate approximately £100 to be spent on providing small prizes for students in return for publicising their company name to the whole school community.
Donations can be left at reception marked ‘Friends of Theale’.
Join Friends of Theale
To enable our events to be the best they can be, we encourage as many parents as possible to join us. However, you do not need to be a member of the committee; we welcome support to help coordinate aspects of the events, and particularly to help us out on the night, for example with refreshments and speaking to prospective parents.
If you could aid the committee at an event, have time to contact others for fundraising or have contacts of your own (perhaps you work for a company that offers fund matching), please contact Friends of Theale by email email@example.com or leave your contact details at reception and the committee will be in touch.
We would love to offer the school more support and raise more funds so please do get in touch. We also have a lot of fun!
Lisa (chair), Mel (secretary), Pamela (treasurer), Emma, Paula and Lisa
The Friends of Theale Committee