On Thursday 12th October, students went head-to-head in the annual House Music event.
Students across all year groups, from all four houses performed in the instrumental, solo and group categories and the winners were:
- Solo: Courtney Bowers, Piper House, singing ‘Hallelujah’ by Leonard Cohen
- Instrumental: Jack Walker, Benyon House, who played his own original composition called ‘Sky Blue’ on piano
- Group: Megan Winstanely and George Carter, Scott House, who played an arrangement of ‘Burn’ from the musical, Hamilton
Congratulations go to overall winners Hunt house. It was an extremely close competition with every house being represented among the category winners, so well done to all our participants.
Special mentions go to the following students for their brilliant performances:
- Lucy and Kirsty Gallagher who sang ‘Say Something’
- Lucy Pither who sang ‘Bring Him Home’ accompanied by Rachel Blackman on cello and
- Mason White on guitar.
- Kathryn Ambrose who played ‘Mediation’ on violin, Sarah Barned on cello and our pianists, Alice Parker, Daisy Rogers and Amy Saunders.
Gary Upton, Head of Music and Scott House, said: “It was such a great pleasure to see so many of our students engaging in the wider activities offered by our school, and in particular through brilliant music making. The quality of performances were fantastic and I could not be prouder of our students’ achievements. Seeing each house win a category just shows how tough the competition was, and demonstrates the enthusiasm with which students have engaged across all houses and year groups. Congratulations to Hunt for being our overall winners.”